Thursday 10 June 2010

Now..Shut up!

Yesterday, for the umpteenth time, I got called a goth. This doesn't bother me much, its just the fact that I'm not a goth that annoys me. I've also been called an emo, which also annoys me as I'm not that either. As a matter of fact, I'm not anything.

I've been called both of these things purely based on the music I listen to and the fact I've dyed my hair dark brown. Yes, I like H.I.M., Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Alice Cooper and obviously many other bands of similar genre, but that doesn't make me gothic. It means I like that style of music. And as for the hair, yes it's now darker than it was. But it's only one shade darker than my natural colour, and I only did it to cover up the two-tone from the last attempt to get rid of the purple. None of this makes me a goth, or an emo. And neither do my skinny jeans and black hoodies.

Oh and finally, I'm not a geek or a nerd either. I'm proud I get good grades, at least I'll do something with my life and I'll have a good job. And maybe I don't smoke, maybe I don't go and get drunk and stoned every week, but I know that I'm gonna live a hell of a lot longer than you guys who do are, and quite frankly my liver and lungs are still healthy.

So please, stop calling me a goth or an emo, or a geek/nerd. I'm not any of them, it's cliché I know but I'm just me! Kthnxbai.

Next time you point a finger, I'll point you to the mirror...

2 comments:

  1. God Katie, talk about having an emo rant, you goth...
    SOZ <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha (:
    Its a good job I like you Natalieface, at least I forgive you for this! <3

    ReplyDelete